Sunday, March 29, 2009

it turns out the song was wrong

I'm not entirely sure what I thought it would accomplish.  why I did it.  It wasn't like me, I am not usually that bold, not usually that reckless.  

I thought about you, worried about you, hoped you found a way to be happy.  Why shouldn't you be happy?  I feel like there is this little string in my heart and, even if you don't know or more likely don't care, its connected to you.  (I still feel it - regardless of what has happened since).  I can't cut it.  I tried: first my hair, and then that ribbon on my wrist.  (A wish I never should have made in the first place).

I keep on thinking that I never should have listened to faulty logic.  Of course it didn't make a difference.  I blame advice.  I blame dancing, alcohol, and the way you held me so tightly (close).  And no matter how many times I tell myself that it didn't mean anything, that it was a bad decision, that it was unconsidered, stupid and wild, (I don't regret it) I don't regret it.

It only matters when he leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment