Sunday, March 29, 2009

Damnit

I keep ending up here; this same room, though it has been many rooms over the years, it’s all the same. I climbed the highest mountains, I saw a war from start to finish, and I have survived many close calls with sharks and alligators only to come back to this room and realized I forgot something. I forgot to learn the lesson from this story, our story, her story; the time we shared, the time we lost when it was all over. I used to blame them, but maybe the problem is me, I keep doing this to myself, stop it.
I’m not bitter, I’m not mad, just frustrated. I tried everything, I feel like an evolving leap frog, each hump, each jump I learn how to be better at the game and yet I still stumble, fall, crack the end of my ankle on the ground, you put that water there so I’d slip. I should’ve listened to mother, girls are trouble. Girls are trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment