Monday, April 27, 2009

Undefeated

There are some passages that I come back to and rediscover them as if I wrote them in some sort of trance; drunk and naive without realizing their value. Am I speaking of the future as I write, do I already know who I will be?

September 17. 2007
I can't help it. These feelings I have, for someone now, and for those I've had a chance to know. Each face lingers with the contrast of what they looked like before and what they look like afterwards; from the sweet to bitter, normal to great. Sometimes I see a face and I try to keep that image alive. The more I try to hold on to that face the more it changes. I can't help it. You'll change, they all change. I just want something great. But I can't make you great, just like I couldn't make them great. I can hold on for a while but eventually you will defeat me. The truth will lay me down. It will shine and I hope you shine brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment